Website Lincoln Health
Neighbors Caring for Neighbors-Rural health system on Colorado's Eastern Plains
Lincoln Health is in search of a Patient Relations specialist to work in our Primary Care Clinic setting in Flagler, CO. This person will schedule appointments and handle calls from the patients intended for various providers. In this role, you will be the first point of contact for a new patient seeking treatment and also serve as a conduit for messaging and appointments with the clinic. We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package. If you are looking for a role to exercise your excellent customer service skill set while also learning and expanding your knowledge in the healthcare industry then this would be an excellent opportunity for you.
1) Greets and acknowledges patients appropriately.
2) Check-in patients by verifying all demographic information and scanning of insurance cards.
3) Collect co-payment and/or balance from patients when checking in/out.
4) Ability to communicate in person, by telephone, and through phone messages.
5) Answer a multi-phone system and triage in-coming calls.
6) Follow specific guidelines regarding scheduling template for scheduling appointments for all providers.
7) Cancel and reschedule patient appointments when necessary.
8) Contact patients to schedule follow-up or new appointments.
9) Call patients to verify next day appointments.
10) Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Knowledge of basic ICD-10 coding, CPT coding
3. Good communications skills.
4. Ability to work under pressure.
5. Mathematical and computer ability experience preferred.
6. One year experience within a medical facility preferred.
Prior experience with Electronic Medical Records system. Be a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Certified Nurse Aide (CNA).
Pay: $13.25 to $16.00/hr