Here at Lincoln Health we are looking for an energetic SLP with their CCCs for a permanent part-time opportunity.
As an SLP-CCC you know the goal for the geriatric population is to increase functional communication, cognitive skills and teach safe swallowing by introducing diet modifications and special feeding techniques. This position also serves an acute-care setting, as well as, home health and pediatrics.
The Speech/Language Pathologist performs diagnostic evaluations and individual therapy for patients with speech, /or swallowing disorders. Essential duties include:
• Evaluates/Screens patient’s speech, language, cognitive, linguistic and/or swallowing disorders;
• Plans therapy programs designed for specific speech, language, cognitive and/or swallowing disorders;
• Conducts therapy with individual patients and evaluates their progress;
• Coordinates and confers with physicians, nurses, social workers and other professionals;
• Instructs residents, families, and caregivers to monitor speech and provide ways to practice new skills.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
• Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Level Graduate in the area of Speech Therapy or Speech Pathology from an accredited university or college.
• Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology awarded by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association.
• Current valid state Speech Therapy certification.
• Current BLS certification.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Experience in a multidisciplinary acute care setting
• Preferred ability to perform Modified Barium Swallow Studies
*Please email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. McKenzi Stone, HR Director, can be reached at 719-743-2422 to answer any questions you may have.