Care Center Volunteers
The Care Center offers many activities that the community can volunteer/participate in!
- Feeding Assistance Volunteers- This is one of the greatest needs we have in the care center. We offer training twice a year and sharing mealtime with the residents can be a very rewarding experience!
- Manicure Volunteers- this involves removing the old polish and applying the new and can be done at any time.
- Bingo Volunteers- On Sunday mornings at 10:00 am, we play bingo and could always use extra players or a new caller!
- Crafting Volunteers- We have two crafts a month and often need more helping hands; it often requires gluing and/or simple cooking skills. If you have a special skill you would like to share with our residents we are always interested in new activities!
- Evening Companions- After the sun sets can be a very busy time for our staff and a difficult time for our residents. Just having someone to sit and hold the hand of a resident can make all the difference!
- Story tellers. Story Listeners- The Care Center is full of stories, and visitors are always welcome to come to tell stories or hear some.
For more information call Care Center at 719-743-2421
- Vigil Volunteer- The Vigil Volunteer is present with actively dying patients. Providing support for family and patient as assigned by Family Service Coordinator.
- Home Care Patient Care Volunteer- The Home Care Patient Volunteer provides support to patient and family as assigned by Family Service Coordinator. Example: Reading to patient, playing cards, documenting the patient’s story for the family, etc. Sitting with the patient while the Caregiver runs errands.
- The Bereavement Companion Volunteer will help support those in the bereavement program The bereavement program is a thirteen month program. Grief Companions are available to help make connections and to be present to the bereaved families.
16 hours of training required
3 hours of training each quarter required for each position
Training is provided by Lincoln Community Hospital/Hospice.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Background check required
If interested please call Jennifer Stansbury at 719-743-2797